Read This Post




Lauryn Hill Is Getting Close To Releasing New Album



Former Fugees member Lauryn Hill has revealed that she is "getting closer" to finishing her new album.

The 'Doo Wop' singer, who starred alongisde Whoopi Goldberg in 'Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit', has also admitted to being really excited about releasing new material but that she's not sure she will collaborate with other artists.

In an interview with MTV News, Hill said: "We're getting closer. We're getting closer. That's all I can say.

"It's been such a long time since I've gotten my voice and my ideas [out]. In terms of collaborations, that's not even something I've been thinking about per se. I'm happy that people are still making music. That we still have a platform with which to make music. It's gonna be interesting to see what the future holds."

Lauryn Hill who hasn't released a song since her 1998 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill' album said that there's been a change in the music industry but she's not intimidated by the changes.
The 35-year-old said: "It's a lot going on. It's interesting energy. It's not what it was, it's different. That doesn't necessarily means it's a bad thing - it's a different thing. Just like any new opportunity, it's ripe for a lot of different things. You've got a lot of young talent out there."

"Because we don't necessarily have the same sort of industry complex that used to exist, people don't always give, I want to say, proper respect. But they're doing it in a really kind of unusual, unique and hardcore way. Because the system is not necessarily in place like it used to be."

She also added: "I have respect for what people do. I also like to hear the eclectics, I like to hear the mixture. There's a lot of different creative energies out there right now. I respect the different sounds that I'm hearing."

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Lauryn Hill Is Getting Close To Releasing New Album"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails