Read This Post




Wyclef Jean Aware He Could Be Assassinated


Fugees star Wyclef Jean has revealed that he is fully aware that he could be assassinated, whilst campaigning to become president in his native Haiti.


After seeing the devastation the earthquake caused earlier this year, Wyclef has said that he was inspired to run for office.


Even though Haiti has a history of political violence, Wyclef believes that his ideals and aspirations are worth fighting for, telling Contact Music:


“You have two choices, either sit back thinking of the danger or do something to move your country forward.


“Assassination is always a possibility but I'd rather die trying to achieve something than die doing nothing... I'm telling you right now, brother, I'm going to fight for the rights of the Haitian people so they can get their justice.


“At times, to be honest, I think, 'What am I doing?' But I can hear the voice of youth drafting me. When I'm on the ground, they say to me, 'Clef, you're our last hope.' They feel close to me because I speak their language.”


Is Wyclef doing the right thing?

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Wyclef Jean Aware He Could Be Assassinated"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails