Read This Post




Aretha Franklin Speaks Out After Successful Surgery


It has been widely reported that music legend Aretha Franklin was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The news of her illness came after she canceled all of her upcoming shows and rumors of her being hospitalized surfaced. But for the first time since her sickness, Aretha spoke out, saying that she is doing fine and resting at home while her family cares for her:

“I feel great. The doctors say I can do whatever I feel like I am up to do. Of course, that doesn’t mean any concerts or anything like that, but I can do things around the house and today I am just piddling around the house.”

“I am putting Aretha together first. We will put Ree Ree together first. This is Aretha time to do whatever it is that I need to do, but I will talk more later.”

“I might not remember everyone’s name right this moment, but please, I want them [to] know I appreciate their prayers. My family has been with me every step of the way. I couldn’t have done it without them, that’s for sure.”

Oprah Winfrey, Jesse Jackson, Patti LaBelle, Berry Gordy, and Condeleezza Rice are among some of the notables who have reached out to Aretha during her illness. Doctors have told her she will need about 8 weeks of recovery time. Praying that she will make a full recovery.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Aretha Franklin Speaks Out After Successful Surgery"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails